Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mind the Gap

We're weeks away from our 2 year mark living in London (gasp) and our friends and family always ask us how we like living here without a car. While tubes are definitely a breeding ground for mysterious illnesses, it is so nice to be able to hop on and go (definitely easier with a buggy and a huge labradoodle). We can be in Notting Hill, the West end or East London with in 10 min from leaving our flat. I must admit I sometimes miss the flexibility of having a car, but all in all I love city living...especially black cabs!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I came home to cement everywhere, traffic, and wondered why can't we figure out the use of trains and other speedy options. I have been really disenchanted with the all the driving I have had to do. What a great deal if I could just hop on a train and zip to work! Oh well! And, I do miss the Paris neighborhood with the accessible restaurants clustered around a square. The charm of a modern city is lacking....

    ReplyDelete